Consumer Unity and Trust Society (CUTS) is organising a National Conclave on consumer issues at India Habitat Center in New Delhi on October 11-12, 2012 under the project titled ‘Indian Consumers in the New Age: A Forward Looking Agenda to Address the Concerns of the Common People’ (ConsumersUp).
More than 100 participants from various states in India are expected to attend the conclave. Hon’ble Minister of State for Consumer Affairs (I/C), Government of India, Prof. K.V.Thomas has kindly consented to be the Chief Guest and agreed to formally release the ‘State of the Indian Consumer Report 2012’ October 11, 2012. Main objective of the conclave is to disseminate and discuss the key findings of the field research on the “State of the Indian Consumers” conducted under the project.
- Right to Choice – Vandana Vasudevan
- Right to Seek Redressal – Dr Ashok R Patil
- Right to Safety – Dr. Keya Ghosh
- Right to Representation – Adv. Shrish Deshpande
- Right to Healthy Environment: Sustainable Consumption With Good Practices – Dr. Roopa Vajpeyi
- Right to Basic Needs – Suresh P Singh
- Right To Consumer Education – Prof.(Dr.) C.Rajashekhar
- Key Findings of the Research – Amarjeet Singh