The Green Action Week Campaign-2015 aimed to facilitate awareness generation among consumers of Jaipur city of Rajasthan about organic food, specifically vegetables and fruits that would encourage them to shift towards sustainable pattern of consumption. The campaign was specifically targeted to women and youth amongst consumers.
With the rationale of influencing consumer behaviour in favour of organic food and to gauge their willingness to pay for it, various activities in the form of a survey, cottage meetings, street plays, signature campaign and stakeholder consultation were held in various parts of Jaipur city. CUTS collaborated with several civil society organisations, consumer and producer groups, policymakers and media to lead towards enhanced availability, affordability and consumption of organic food products.
- To generate awareness among consumers about organic food, specifically vegetable and fruits, that would encourage consumers to shift towards organic food products and sustainable consumption.
- To promote consumers’ demand for organic food.
- To foster policy and practice for promoting the use of organic food products thereby contributing towards sustainable pattern of consumption.
- Organic Food and Farming for All – Green Action Week 2015
September, 2015, Jaipur
- 64 percent says affordability is main hindrance in buying organic products: CUTS Study
September 30, 2014, Jaipur
- Sikkim is 100 percent organic farming state
Eco Environment Post, September 30, 2015