Green Action Week, which is an annual civil society campaign being organised in 29 countries with involvement of 53 civil society organisations. The Green Action Week Campaign 2017– Safer, more Sustainable Food for All aimed to facilitate awareness generation among consumers of Jaipur city of Rajasthan about organic food, specifically vegetables and fruits that would encourage consumers to shift towards sustainable pattern of consumption. The campaign was targeted at women and youth amongst the consumers.
With the rationale of influencing consumer behaviour in favour of organic food, various activities in the form of Kitchen Gardening, Cottage Meetings, Street Plays, Signature Campaign and Stakeholder Consultation took place in various parts of Jaipur. CUTS collaborated with several civil society organisations, consumer groups, producer groups, policymakers and media to lead towards enhanced availability, affordability and consumption of organic food products.
- Raise consumer awareness of the environmental impacts of consumption and promote sustainable patterns of consumption;
- Generate awareness among consumers about organic vegetables and fruits that would encourage consumers to shift towards organic agricultural products and sustainable consumption;
- Promote consumers’ demand for organic vegetables and fruits;
- Foster policy and practice for promoting the use of organic agricultural products thereby contributing towards sustainable pattern of consumption
- Encourage more people to consume organic products and thereby promote a shift towards an ecologically sustainable food system for all.
- Kitchen Garden Meeting
- Street Plays Details
- School Meeting
- Cottage Meeting
- Stakeholders’ Consultation
- Poster in English || Poster in Hindi
- Activity Completion Report
- Stakeholders’ Consultation Report
Activities and Schedule